Friday 13 July 2012

Fruity Maple Oat Cookies


These were supposed to be "Maple, Pecan & Raisin" oat cookies, but..it turned into another one of those "I don't have x or y and mum doesn't like z", so you end up using what you do have. That and I'd used up the raisins in some flapjack. Etc, etc. 


However, when I do have what the recipe actually requires, I think I'll make them. It does say that they really have to be made to be believed, so there you go. That said, in reality, I think I'm just a fan of being awkward and throwing things together to see what happens just because I can


True rebel at heart here, kids.




Fruity Maple Oat Cookies



Adatped from a BBC GoodFood book

140g rolled oats
225g plain flour
200g dried apricots
60g dried cranberries
140g unsalted butter
225g soft brown sugar
3 tbspn golden syrup
3 tbspn maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda


Mix oats, dried fruit, flour and baking soda together and set aside.
Melt butter, syrups and sugar in a pan on a low heat until butter has melted.
Add dry ingredients to the pan and mix until well incorporated.

Either roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls or spoon the mixture onto baking trays, spacing 2 or so inches apart. Press down lightly and bake at 160C for 14-16 minutes until the edges are golden brown.

Leave to cool (they crisp up a little), and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment