Tuesday 12 June 2012

Wholemeal brown sugar cookies with dried apricots



I posted these over on my other blog a few weeks ago, and as they're still definitely a bit of a favourite (especially for my mum) I thought they should go up here too.


I made this particular batch with browned butter (although not always do I use browned butter for these), brown sugar, wholemeal flour and dried apricots. I'm a real lover of flavour, so if I love to pack as much as I can into what I bake, which usually means I fiddle with recipes and switch white sugar for brown almost always.


Er, sure I can focus my lens. Yep.


--

Brown Sugar Cookies (with brown butter and apricots)
(adapted from Joy The Baker)

Joy's recipe is American, so this is it converted to grams. My only changes are the flour and browning the butter first (I cool it in the freezer/fridge until almost hard again) before creaming with the sugar. I usually bake them for 3/4 of the time they need - about 8 minutes at 170C - then press them down a little and bake for a further few minutes.


240g   wholemeal plain flour
2 tsp   baking soda
1 tsp   ground cinnamon (or to your liking..I usually add 2 tsp)
1/2 tsp   ground ginger (or to your liking)
1/2 tsp   allspice (or to your liking/not at all)
1/2   tsp salt
170g   unsalted butter (or 240g if you're going for brown butter)
225g   light brown or muscovado sugar
100g   dried apricots
1   egg
1 tsp   vanilla extract

--

No comments:

Post a Comment